These are the notes I took during Agile Coach Camp Canada 2013, held in Toronto, June 14-16, 2013. Several pople saw me typing furiously on my iPad during the Camp, and asked if I could make my notes available. So here they are. These notes are very incomplete, sine I could only attend a sub-set of the sessions, and I have a hard time typing and listening at the same time! They are likely to have inaccuracies.
I’d be happy to have people comment on the notes … send me your corrections, additions, notes you took, links to videos and I’ll add to what I’ve written here. In particular, I know videos were taken at a number of the sessions, but I don’t have links to all of them.
- Agile Pain Relief Consulting Gold
- EPAM Silver
- Univeris Silver
- Agile Montreal Bronze
- Agile Partnership Bronze
- ArchiTech Bronze
- LeanIntuit Bronze
- LeanKit Bronze
- Mike Caspar - Passionate About Agile Bronze
- Scrum Alliance Bronze
- Agile Coach Camp Canada 2013 Main web site
- Epilogger Aggregation - Lots of photos and videos posted or linked to here, as well as tweets with all sorts of information.
- Hashtag #accca13
Open Spaces Technology Format
These are notes from session I attended
- Lightning Talks
- The Mythical Customer - Eliciting Requirements
- Software Measurement - how to measure productivity (Olivier Gourment)
- Using learn start-up techniques to run Agile transformations (Jason Little, LeanIntuit)
- Agile QA - Why does it exist, should it exist?
- Changing Behaviour Without Focussing on Motivation
- Scaling Agile
- Lean Techniques - What is Lean?
- The Clash of the Titans - Spiral Dynamics
- ScrumBan - The next level for scrum teams?
These are sessions I either did not attend, or did not take notes
- Why is communications coaching going digital, while Agile is low-tech/analog?
- Beyond Budgeting…
- Agile outside the workplace .. Agile at home.
- Personal Kanban
- The business of technical debt
- Total ignorance on the business side
- “Management 3.0” - Bringing Agile practices to managers through Management 3.0
- How do you make organization space to overcome the objection of “We have to time”?
- Agile for Beginners.
- How can we avoid becoming the next “Silver Bullet”?
- Swashbooking session - a speed reading technique
- Product Owner in an Enterprise setting.
- Why are there only 2 people under 30 in Agile?
- How to find, quantify and eliminate waste?
- Serving Smaller Communities (cities)
- Scrumban issues
- Architecture - learning from software and building construction … learning from each other
- Have thrown the baby out with the bathwater
- Release Planning
- Writing User Stories
- Meditation for Agile Coaching - Phsyco-Active stuff
- 15 minutes of resources and 45 minutes of meditation
- 2 sessions proposed, and merged
- Learning path from Scrum master to Agile Coach
- How to make spaces that support creative work
- SOLID principles in software
- Agile use in corporate containers - Governance issue
- Agile Lean transformation team - a management team that can use agile
References from the camp
- Jason Little’s Blog Post
- Alexei Zheglov’s Blog Posts Open Space Without Proposals and The #NoEstimates Game Debut at #ACCCA13
Books - What are you reading that needs a broader Audience?
These are book references that were written on flip charts on the wall in answer to the question “What are you reading that needs a broader Audience?”
- The Checklist Manifesto Atul Gawande
- Better Atul Gawande
- Great Boss, Dead Boss Ray Immelman
- Lead With a Story Paul Smith
- The Art of Thinking Together William Isaacs
- Drive: The suprising truth about what motivates us, Daniel Pink
- Images of Organization Gareth Morgan
- Talk to Me Sue Johnston
- The Primes Chris McGoff
- How Google Tests Software Whittaker, Arbon & Carollo
- Managing Corporate Lifecycles Ichak Adizes
- The Culture Game Dan Mezick
- Do the Right Thing
- Changing Conversations in Organizations Patricia Shaw
- The Advantage Patrick Lencioni
- Conscious Capitalism: Liberating the Heroic Spirit of Business, Mackey & Sisodia
- Presence: An Exploration of Profound Change in People, Organizations, and Society, Peter Senge et. al.
- Perseverence Margaret Wheatley
- Flat Army: Creating a connected and engaged organization, Don Pontefract
Books Referenced in Sessions
- Lean Change: Evolving Change Management by Jason Little of LeanIntuit
- The Dance of Change: The challenges to sustaining momentum in a learning organization (A fifth discipline resource)
- Managing at the Speed of Change
- Agile Testing - book by Crispin & Gregory
- Impact Mapping
- Thinking Fast and Slow