Agile QA - ACCCA13 Sessions
Agile QA - Why does it exist, should it exist?
- What is it?
- A set of values
- includes automated tests - non-singular thing
- is continuous and the responsibility of all team members
- misunderstood … what is the definition of Q/A
- non-sequitor, oxymoron
- must be baked in up front
- not “testing”
- How Google Tests Software book. Google has a role of “S/W Engineer - Test”
- Q/A includes developing a system that resists failure
- “Quality is not a role, it is the state that a story is in”
- great book Impact Mapping
- A story goes through a state where its:
- functional, deployable
- performance secure
- what about product failure? How is it tied back to a Story?
- Governance - ultimately QA is a gatekeeper into production.
- Regulatory compliance, for example PCI compliance, security attack testing
- Continuous Integration is foundational for Agile QA
- Agile Testing - book by Crispin & Gregory
- If a tester cannot describe a risk-based testing practice, you are in trouble.